Great news! We're experiencing rapid increases in customer demand, so we're actively looking for aerospace and engineering professionals to revolutionize the space industry with us.
You'll be working alongside domain experts in aerospace engineering, system engineering, elecrical engineering, software, propulsion engineering, mechanical engineering, and plasma physics.
Are you ready to accelerate us? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's connect.
- Responsible for programming, machining, collaborating with engineers to debug designs, developing custom test fixtures, and interpreting design drawings and Computer-Aided Design (CAD) data using Tebis.
- Responsible for safe setup, operation, and maintenance of equipment, including Okuma simultaneous 5-axis CNC machine, lathe, mill, router, and manual machine tools.
- Perform Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) programming and operate machining equipment including 5-axis CNC machine, lathe, mill, drill bits, clamps, and fixtures.
- Produce high-quality parts including various satellite thrusters parts and flight hardware made of Titanium, Molybdenum, Boron-Nitrite, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum.
- Work with machine parts made of aerospace alloys, ceramics, plastics, and hard metals.
- Manufacture parts to specifications, tolerance requirements, complex geometries, and high-quality surface finish.
- Visually inspect parts and measure them by calipers to make sure they are made to required specifications.
- Collaborate with design engineers regarding part functionality to advise on manufacturability and suitability for machining.
- Utilize knowledge of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) to ensure parts are within an acceptable specified dimensional range.
- Design and create custom fixturing for complex 5-axis machining.
- Order custom cutting tools as needed. Purchase materials and handling logistics.
- Mentor and support junior lab technicians and interns on using machine shop tools.
Requirements: Must have a Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Machining or related field plus 5 years of experience in (i) Prototyping environment with advance CNC machine tools; and (2) Creating fixtures as needed to implement parts fabrication. Must also have 4 years of experience in (i) Generating 5 Axis tool paths using Tebis software; and (ii) Utilizing Okuma 5-axis machining center and OSP Okuma control. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, employer will accept an additional 2 years in the above-referenced experience. Must also have experience in (i) Interface to Solidworks or similar CAD system to receive engineering data; (ii) designing and ordering special tooling and fixtures to complete complex precise machined parts; and (iii) working with soft/hard ceramics, post-processing 3D printed metals, titanium, stainless steel, and aluminum.